An affordable housing scheme to enable you to buy a home
Expert advice when using Shared ownership
Shared ownership is an affordable housing scheme that can be used to purchase a property.
You purchase a share of the property which you would fund with your mortgage and deposit. You would then be required to pay rent on the share you do not own.
When considering shared ownership as an option Hawke FS will work with you to complete an eligibility calculator to establish what would be an indicative maximum share value.
This will include reviewing information around you (income and expenditure) and also the property (service charge and ground rent).
When buying through Shared ownership we recommend you following the below guide to meet these milestones in order:
- Run through the eligibility calculator (with the relevant IFA)
- Complete the housing association’s application (housing association will send to you and will be on their website online)
- Apply to help to buy (see HTB website online)
- View the property and put forward offer
- Confirmation of progress to compliance (via housing association)
- Complete compliance with respective IFA
- Confirmation of offer acceptance via housing association
- Proceed with mortgage application
- Memorandum of sale issue - agent or association
Reviews and Feedback
Our valued, satisfied clients, past and present have kindly left a vast selection of reviews for our trusted advisers.
These case studies detail our commitment to delivering personalised and effective Commercial Finance and Commercial Mortgage services tailored to each client's unique requirements.